Sunday, September 29, 2013

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

Hello,

Just wanted to share my card for this weeks Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge "Anything goes".



I made this card with my Stamping Friends. We have been getting together on Thursday evenings for more than a decade making cards, chatting, laughing and eating dessert. I am lucky, aren't I? 

We made the background scribbling watersoluble crayons on watercolor paper and wiping them with a baby wipe, a technique that I saw somewhere in blogland but don't remember where so I can't give credit. Sorry! I love the effect and it is so easy. I stamped the background again on the same pink cardstock (sorry, it looks more red on the screen) as the card and cut out the Eiffel tower. I added a little flag with the word dream. I shimmered the flag with a Wink of Stella pen, but that's really hard to capture on a picture. 

And now it is time to welcome new followers! Check out their blogs, they are full of inspiration! 

I have only recently "met" Cathy and found already lots of inspiration on her blog

Victoria Highland (I didn't find a blog from you. If you have one please let me know so I can tell people to visit you!)

Ardyth Percy-Robb of MASKerade
This is another blog that I have been drooling over for many months. She has her own style and I just love her use of rainbow colors, sparkle and modern simplicity. 


Darnell Knauss of djkardkreations 
It seems to me that everyone in blogland knows and loves Darnell! She has a way with words like no other! I have been reading her blog for a long time and I can't tell you how often she has made me chuckle or laugh out loud with her stories. And she always has a creative take on the challenges out there. She was also very kind and helped with some blog "etiquette". 

And here is my a quote from Vincent van Gogh to warmly welcome you and thank you for following me:

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint" then by all means paint, and the voice will be silenced.

Wishing you a great week and lots of time to create,

Susanne


Stamps: Hero Arts (background), Lockhart Stamp Co. (dream)
Watersoluble crayons: Caran d'Ache


5 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Dein blog waechst ja sper schnell - herzlichen Glueckwunsch. Ja, wir hatten echt Spass auf der Expo - haette Dir auch gefallen! Wie schoen, Du hast auch Stempelfreunde - schoene Karte!

Darnell said...

Thank you for that warm welcome, Susanne! I love the quote!! And I love your card! You remind me that I still haven't tried the baby wipe technique! The effect is wonderful. (Ah, so little time in a day!) I think it's so wonderful that you have a regular Thursday night group of stamping friends!! Hugs, Darnell

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Susanne :-) I love the whole Paris theme ,,, fabulous ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Cathy said...

Hi Susanne, thanks for the welcome, your Paris card looks great, I've not heard of that technique but it looks awesome, TFS :) Cathy x

Jo Nevill said...

Super card, love your scene

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...