Saturday, November 2, 2013

Simon Says Monday and Wednesday Challenge: Anything goes

Hello friends,

How are you all doing? Hope all is well!

This year there were a lot of landmark birthdays of family and friends. Here are two of the cards I made. They are very similar but the color scheme is different.




The first one was for a dear friend whose birthday was last Wednesday. I like how the number is there but very subtle and not in your face! What you can't see well is that on the numbers I've used the Wink of Stella pen. 




The second one was for my sister-in-law who loves purple. On both cards I used the baby wipe technique which I love it because it is so easy and looks great (IMHO). 

I am entering them in the Simon Says Monday Challenge and the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge where "Anything Goes". 

And now it is time to welcome two new followers: 

Sian has had her blog since 2011 and you'll find lots of fabulous inspiration there. 

Dora B. of 7 Cardologists
Dora is the only blogger I personally know because I am one of the 7 Cardologists. She just set up her blog in Blogger, so please head on over and welcome her! 

The quote to welcome you is from the book "Tuesdays with Morrie", which I would recommend to everyone:
"The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in."

That was a long post! Thanks for bearing with me! And as always thanks for visiting and leaving a comment,

Susanne

P.S. In case you were wondering about the corners on my Halloween card... That was a punch (that I broke while making them) by EK Success.

Green card:
Stamps: Wildflowers (Hero Arts), Happy Birthday (Make An Impression)
Dies: My Favorite Things (Large Classic Numbers)
Misc: Border punch (Stampin' Up), Oval Punch (Paper Shaper), LuminArte shimmering mist - solar gold

Purple card:
Stamps: Wildflowers (Hero Arts), Happy Birthday (Make An Impression), script background is unmounted and unfortunately doesn't have a name on the back
Dies: My Favorite Things (Large Classic Numbers)







8 comments:

Lisa Carroll said...

These are gorgeous! And highlighting the numbers with the shimmer pen is genius, too! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful cards! The backgrounds look amazing! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Darnell said...

Susanne, these are both shimmery delights! You did that uplifting technique flawlessly!! (I still haven't tried it!) These are winners in my book! Hugs, Darnell

maria f. said...

What a lovely idea to keep the 50 subdued. I'm sure the recipients appreciate that ;) So nice to see you over on my blog.

Beverley said...

Awesome cards, love the die cut effect. Hugs Bev x

Kim M said...

Beautiful cards! Love what you did with them! Thanks for mentioning my non functioning link on my last post. I've found that lately Blogger has been acting funny and not setting up my links properly. :-)

Anonymous said...

These are stunning, Susanne ... love the lifted die cut technique you used so expertly ... and subtly ... perfect for such landmark birthdays!! Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So schoene Karten! Die lila Karte gefaellt mir allerdings besser - du weisst, ich liebe Farben...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...