Sunday, March 2, 2014

SSS Monday Challenge / Virginia's View - Take Two

I am back with another card for Simon Says Monday Challenge (Paste) and Virginia's View Challenge (Watercolor) because when I got out my gesso and watercolors I made more than one background/card since those media are a bit unpredictable...

With this card I tried to by artsy (stop laughing, you real artsy people)...




Those beads in the center of the circle? I've had those for a VERY long time. They were waiting patiently in the drawer... I was originally thinking of something else but discovered that those beads fit the watercolor background perfectly. 

You know what? I have more cards for a different challenge that ends tonight! So, yes, you will find another post or two in your inbox/reader a little later.

Stamps: Stampin' Up (word circle), Mama Elephant (triangles)
Stencil: TCW
Other: beads (Beedz)






5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Very artistic take on the water-color challenge, Suzanne! Love the textures and contrast of colors! So glad that you enjoy this challenge :)

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely thank you card, the colours are really eye catching and I love the added paste. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says stamp Monday Challenge, Tracy x

Anita in France said...

LOVE those colours Susanne ... and what a fabulous embellishment ... those tiny beads are fantastic ... positively touchable! Anita :)

Dora B. said...

Susanne, your card defines artsy! The swirls of blues and greens overlaid with the blocks of gesso pointing to the sentiment ... So cool! Almost makes me brave enough to try gesso, not. But I am going to get out the watercolors this weekend. Great card.

Robin Cooper said...

You succeeded as artsy!!! It looks great! If only my artsy attempts turned out this good! I'd settle for being able to get a beautiful watercolor background like yours!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...