Saturday, May 13, 2017

It's Graduation Season!

I have two cards to show you today but before I do that let me give a warm welcome to two new followers:
Kara Lynne
and Hannelie

You might know and already follow these inspiring card artists but if not, please take the time to meander through their blogs and be amazed!

Graduation season is upon us in these parts of the world and I have a niece and a nephew graduating from college this year. The colors for both colleges are blue (slightly different shades) even though they go to very different schools. Because of the color scheme and because I used stars (I'll take any excuse to use stars, hehe) on both of them they look pretty similar.
First the one for my nephew which is slightly more CAS:





Stamps: My Favorite Things (sentiment strip)
Dies: My Favorite Things (graduation cap), WPlus9 (stars), SSS (smallest star)


And this is the one for my niece:




Stamps: Inkadinkado (numbers)
Dies: My Favorite Things (Congratulations, cap), WPlus9 (stars), SSS (smallest star)
Other: Sizzix (star embossing folder)


Challenges (click on the links for more information and lots of inspiration from the DTs and the galleries):

CASOLOGY week 248 "Commencement"






The Male Room Challenge #60 "Stars"







CAS Mix Up May Challenge "Splattering"







Hope you find time to create and have fun!

Be well,


14 comments:

Greta said...

Wow, Susanne--what great cards for graduation! I really love the embossed stars on the star & those splatters are beautiful!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great graduation designs Susanne! Love those mortarboards! Have a lovely Sunday! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Izzy Scrap said...

Two fabulous cards Susanne ! Love your main design and It's great to see how different can be just by changing a little bit the design ! I'm sure your niece and nephew will appreciate their cards ! I didn't know you were fond of stars, I'll keep it in mind ! Thanks for sharing and for inspiring. Bises

Judy1223 said...

Wow, two fabulous graduation cards! I love the stars, super theme for both cards! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Nora Noll said...

I adore your graduation cards!! They look so cool!! I am pinning both!!

Bonnie said...

These are both fantastic graduation cards, Susanne! I need to do one. Thanks for the inspiration! And thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

papierelle said...

Beide Karten sehen richtig Klasse aus und werden mit Stolz entgegen genommen werden. In Deutschland wird ja nicht so ein großes Ding drum gemacht, was Schade ist, denn es ist ein großer Lebensabschnitt der erfolgreich zu Ende geht.
LG Gundi

Jo said...

Great cards, perfect for the occasions. Those gold splatters really do spice it up a notch.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Beide sind super geworden! Da freuen sich die Empfänger bestimmt! Mein Neffe wurde heuer auch fertig, aber er macht dann noch weiter. D.h. auch in Zukunft kann ich meine graduation Stempel benuetzen..

Loll said...

Wonderful designs Susanne. Even though they have very similar images and colours, they look totally different with the mix of techniques. Your niece and nephew are going to love these cards! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up! xx

Jen W. said...

These are both fabulous! Love how you highlighted the sentiment on the first card and the embossed stars on the second. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Both Wonderful cards, Love the graduation cap in the star and the congratulations across the card. Thank you for joining us in the Star challenge at The Male Room. Faith DT

Anita in France said...

A fabulous duo, Susanne ... the school blues with the delicious gold stars are so rich and celebratory ... fantastic graduation cards! Hugs, Anita :)

cm said...

Hello, my friend! I did some catching up on IG, as blogger has been eating my comments (grrr....), so I'm holding my breath that this one will stick! Two outstanding graduation cards to celebrate your niece's and nephew's accomplishments. Stars: perfect! They'll adore these made-special-for-them gems from Aunty S, as do I!
Hugs~c

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...